What happened after the Assembly and what is coming?
In the first 15 days as Chair and Secretariat, we have:
- Advanced in the handover process with Fundación Multitudes, including the delivery of information, change of administration of mailing lists, social networks, among others.
- Formal and informal dialogues with the Permanent Secretariat of the Community of Democracies, including a meeting with Thomas Garrett on October 10. We are laying the foundations for a closer relationship, with direct communication and permanent articulation.
- We have started the activation of Pillar’s social networks. We encourage you to follow and interact with us on Twitter @CivilSocietyCoD and Instagram @civilsociety_co. If you and your organizations have web pages and social networks, please register them at the following link, to be able to interact, spread and echo your work.
In the coming weeks we will be:
- Making progress in coordination meetings with the Vice Chair and the Pillar Executive Committee.
- Advancing in a consultation process with focal points, as the beginning of a broad conversation that we want to have with all the actors of the Pillar, to collect recommendations, inputs and ideas for the plan for the coming years. If you have not yet set aside a meeting space with Redlad, please go to this link. If none of the dates or times are convenient, do not hesitate to write to us to arrange another meeting time.
- Participating in the first meeting of the Executive Committee of the Community of Democracies under the leadership of Canada. The meeting will take place on October 20.
- Enrique de Obarrio, new Chairman of the Pillar, will be traveling to Warsaw in the week of November 21, where he will meet with the Permanent Secretariat, Jacek Kucharczyk, the Vice chair of the Pillar, and some representatives of the member countries of the Governing Council that have an embassy in Warsaw.